This is an abbreviated version of our Statement of Faith and it does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that the following Statement of Faith accurately represents the teaching of the Bible.
Here’s a snapshot of what we believe:
- God is so passionate about each one of us; He’s bigger, better and closer than we could imagine.
- The Bible is the perfect guidebook for living life.
- Jesus is God clothing Himself in humanity so we can see Him.
- God lives in and through us now by the Holy Spirit and wants us to be filled and overflowing with His presence.
- Nothing we see around is an accident. God created it all.
- We could never do enough good things to have a relationship with God. Grace is the only way to step into a relationship with Him.
- Trusting and relying solely upon God is the only way we grow in our relationship with Him.
- With God we win, all other options lead to failure. God has allowed evil to provide us with two choices. If we choose God, He can bring good even out of evil events and He tells us in the Bible that there is victory for those who choose Him. The other option isn’t so good.
- Death is a beginning not an end. The beginning of the rest of your life will be in one of two very real places, heaven or hell.
- The church is God’s family and He wants the church to do as He did, to serve people just as He did.
- Jesus is very real and He is coming back.
We believe in the inspiration of the accepted canon of Scriptures as originally given and that they are infallible, inerrant, and the sole and final authority for all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13)
We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as One God existing in Three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible. (Matthew 23:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to Divine righteousness. (Romans 5:12, 18)
We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very Man. (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 714; 9:6)
Christ’s Crucifixion & Resurrection
We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 4:25)
Christ’s Ascension & Return
We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for His Church. (John 14:2, 3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins. (Ephesians 2:8,9; Hebrews 9:12,22; Romans 5:11)
We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the Name of the Eternal Godhead in order to fulfill the command of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:34-36; 19:1-6)
Holy Spirit Baptism
We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the continuing empowerment of the Holy Spirit for the work of building the Kingdom of God, and that the miraculous gifts (including speaking in tongues) continue to function today, just as they did when the Church was established in the book of Acts. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 1 Peter 4:10; Ephesians 4:7-12; Acts 2:1-4; 8:14-17; and 19:6.)
Gifts of the Spirit
We believe in the operation of the Gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14, as manifested in the Early Church.
Spirit Filled Life
We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as expressing the true Christian faith. (Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1)
We believe in the healing of the body by Divine power, or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the Early Church. (Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 12:9, James 5:14)
We believe in the table of the Lord, commonly called the Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers. (1 Corinthians 11:28-32; Matthew 26:26-28)
Satan & His Judgment
We believe in the reality and personality of the Devil and eternal judgment of Satan and his angels. (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15)
Heaven & Hell
We believe in eternal life for believers (John 5:24; 3:16), and eternal punishment for the unbelievers. (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15)
We believe that there is one true universal Church, made up of genuine believers, but this one universal Church is also composed of many local Churches in given localities. These Churches are under the sovereign Headship of the Lord Jesus Christ, exercising autonomous government under Him, administering all its local affairs and ministry, as well as the propagation of the Gospel. (Acts 15:22; with Matthew 16:18; 18:15-20)