City Kids Volunteer Training
The City Kids ministry needs more volunteers! If you are interested in joining the City Kids Volunteer Team please contact Anna Talaiver. She will be hosting a City Kids training in the next few weeks.
City Kids Easter Celebration
Save the date! On Saturday, April 16th, there will be a City Kids Easter Celebration from 10-11am! More details will be announced shortly.
Virtual Life Group meets weekly on Wednesdays at 7pm on Zoom. Please use this link and info to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/
Life Group at the Weybrights’ meets weekly on Thursdays at 7pm, in-person at Ben & Leah’s house and masked.
Life Group at the Church Facility meets weekly on Sundays at 11:30am, in-person at our church building and masked.
Church Service this Sunday
We are looking forward to our in-person church service this Sunday, March 27th, at 9am!
Livestream Church Service Option
We offer a livestream of the service, available on our church’s Facebook page. We hope this will be an improved way of making the testimonies, prayer, and worship available to everyone. The livestream will appear at 9am on Sunday mornings and will be available to watch later as well.
City Kids Class
We are excited to minister to your children this Sunday! Please use this form to sign up your children (age 3yr – 4th grade) for class.
- March 23rd, 7pm Virtual Life Group
- March 24th, 7pm Life Group at the Weybrights’
- March 27th, 9am In-Person Church Service and Livestream
- March 27th, 11:30am Life Group at the Church Facility
- March 30th, 7pm Virtual Life Group
- March 31st, 7pm Life Group at the Weybrights’
- April 1st, 7pm CHC Youth Night
- April 3rd, 9am In-Person Church Service and Livestream
- April 3rd, 11:30am Life Group at the Church Facility
- April 5th, 7pm Life Group Leaders Meeting
- April 6th, 7pm Virtual Life Group
- April 7th, 7pm Life Group at the Weybrights’
- April 9th, 9:30am Prayer Team Meeting
- April 10th, 9am In-Person Church Service and Livestream
- April 10th, 11:30am Life Group at the Church Facility
- April 13th, 7pm Virtual Life Group
- April 14th, 7pm Life Group at the Weybrights’
- April 15th, 7pm CHC Youth Night
- April 16th, 10am City Kids Easter Celebration
- April 17th, 9am Easter Sunday In-Person Church Service and Livestream
- April 17th, 11:30am Life Group at the Church Facility
Good to Know
Food Pantry and Church Welcome Area
Hampden UMC is the host site for a food pantry effort between several area churches. For a variety of reasons, they will no longer be taking in food from one source that required the locked doors and extra reporting. This will make it possible to open up more of a “welcome area” in that space. To supplement the previous food source they would welcome the donation of dry goods and nonperishable food such as pasta, rice, and canned foods. Such items can be brought in on a Sunday. After our service, please be careful to place the items on a table in that area in a way that’s easy for organization.
Daily Bible Reading
Every day this year, Pastor Ben is sharing a daily suggested reading of a few verses from a Psalm or Proverb. The Psalms are a collection of songs exalting God. It serves as a book of prayer and praise. The Psalms help us in our relationship with God. The Proverbs help us in our relationship with this world, in our daily life. The daily readings can be found here or received as a daily email. Click here to subscribe to receive the daily posts via email.
Choosing to set aside time so that you can consider the goodness of God, what it means to you, enjoying it, and celebrating it will bring you benefits in your life. David’s life was threatened by people he had done no wrong, more than once. He ran for his life multiple times. People chose to make him their enemy. In more than one situation, David watched as God miraculously protected him. David made his share of mistakes. David expressed the full range of human emotions. He also stopped to consider how God was involved. God’s selfless love is seen in helping people who are helpless. God does not help them for what can be gained from them. Who else is like that?
City Harbor Church is a safe place to find and follow Jesus. Click here for more information about us and what we believe.