Outdoor Gathering Update
Join us for our outdoor gathering on Sunday, July 25th from 10:30-noon. This month the outdoor gathering will be at Sisson Street Park, located at 2701 Sisson Street, Baltimore, MD, 21211.
The Safe Place Team continues to examine the data and consult with the experts regarding our church’s COVID policies. Under the advisement of our Baltimore City provided medical advisor from Johns Hopkins, and taking into account the current COVID metrics for our area, the Safe Place Team is adjusting the mask requirements for the outdoor gatherings.
Masks will no longer be required for children or adults at the outdoor gatherings, but they are still highly recommended.
If anyone in your household is sick, please do not attend the outdoor gathering. If a member of your household is presenting minor symptoms like a runny nose or sneezing but does not seem ill in any other way, please have them wear a mask and maintain 6-foot distance if they choose to attend the outdoor gathering.
The Safe Place Team may revisit the mask policy for outdoor gatherings in the future if cases increase in our area.
Special Service with Pastor Gary Heyes
On Saturday, July 31st, at 7pm, there will be a special service at the church facility. Pastor Gary Heyes will be teaching and ministering to our church that evening. Please note that no childcare will be provided on Saturday night. Pastor Gary will also be ministering the following day at 9am during our monthly in-person church service, Sunday, August 1st.
- July 22nd, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- July 25th, 10:30am Outdoor Fellowship Gathering
- July 29th, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- July 31st, 7pm Special Service with Pastor Gary Heyes
- August 1st, 9am In-Person Sunday Church Service
- August 5th, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- August 12th, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- August 15th, 9am In-Person Prayer Meeting
- August 19th, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- August 22nd, 10:30am Outdoor Fellowship Gathering
Good to Know
Sunday Message Videos
CHC Schedule Overview
- Sunday Morning In-Person Church Services: August 1st, September 5th, October 3rd
- In-Person Prayer Meetings: August 15th, September 19th
- Outdoor Fellowship Gatherings: July 25th, August 22nd, September 26th
- Special Saturday Service: July 31st
- Life Group (on Zoom): You can continue to join us on Zoom every Thursday night at 7pm for prayer, fellowship, and discussion of the daily Bible readings.
In Romans chapter 4, Paul explains that the relationship Abraham had with God was based on faith, not following Jewish law, nor Jewish identity. At that time some segments of Jewish people had turned their faith into a belief system that required religious actions for a person to be accepted by God (and stated that this was possible without a personal spiritual heart-felt devotion). We earn punishment for our mistakes. The loving grace and mercy that God gives us, we receive as an undeserved gift. We see this as God gives approval based on Abraham’s decision of faith (not based on if he had followed the rules in the past). Paul shows the relevance of this truth to us today. Our reasonable response would be to immediately accept the grace of God through Jesus and “repent”, turning away from our toxic selfishness (by changing the way we are thinking and changing the direction of our lives). This is only possible through Jesus.
City Harbor Church is a safe place to find and follow Jesus. Click here for more information about us and what we believe.