Life Group This Thursday at 7pm
Please join us for Life Group via Zoom at 7pm this Thursday evening. You should receive the Zoom link via email later today. Contact Anna Talaiver if you don’t receive it.
In-Person Prayer Meeting June 20th
Sunday, June 20th at 9:00 am, please join us at the church facility for a prayer meeting in the main sanctuary. We believe that gathering for prayer is a priority in this season.
Please enter through the main doors at the top of the stairs. There is a ramp located to the left side of the building that you may use to enter instead if needed. Please note that this prayer meeting will be prayer-focused (no message, no worship), and there will not be childcare provided. Parents, please keep your children near you. Please remember to wear a properly fitted mask and remain physically distanced from people not in your household.
Those of you who signed up to volunteer in the Town Hall exit survey, will receive – or may have already received – Planning Center schedule invites to serve for the positions you selected on the survey. If you want to volunteer but you did not complete the exit survey or if you are willing to volunteer for additional positions, please let us know. We still need more volunteers for the following positions:
Sunday Prayer Meetings: (Contact Ben and Kristen Faroe)
- Sanitation: Arrive by 8:30am to clean the main-floor bathroom and ensure it’s ready for the prayer meeting. After the meeting, clean the high-touch surfaces in the bathroom and sanctuary and make sure they’re tidy for HUMC’s use.
- Usher: Arrive by 8:40am to set up ropes on pews and set up book table at back of sanctuary. Remain at the back of the sanctuary until 9:15 to direct people toward open seats and help ensure they’re wearing masks. After service, remove ropes from pews and put away book table items.
- Co-Prayer Leader: Arrive no later than 8:50am. The main purpose of this role is to join and support us in shepherding the spiritual atmosphere and momentum of the prayer meeting. Please be spiritually prepared and attentive. Be ready to pray aloud if participation is lagging, and plan to pray aloud at least twice over the course of the meeting.
Sunday Church Services September 5th & October 3rd: (contact Anna Talaiver)
- Usher: Arrive by 8:40am to set up ropes on the pews. Remain at the back of the sanctuary until 9:15am to direct people toward open seats and help ensure they’re wearing masks. After service, remove ropes from pews and help the Greeter put away book table items.
- Greeter: Arrive by 8:40am so that you can set up the back book table. Then stand outside on the portico to greet people until 9:20am. After service, reset the back table.
- Sanitation Bathroom Cleaners: Arrive by 8:30am to clean either the main-floor bathroom or the basement bathroom and ensure it’s ready for the service. After service, clean the high-touch surfaces in the bathroom.
- Sanitation Sanctuary Cleaner: After service clean the high touch surfaces in the sanctuary and make sure it is ready for HUMC’s use.
- June 17th, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- June 18th CHC Youth Meeting
- June 20th, 9am In-Person Prayer Meeting
- June 24th, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- June 27th, 10:30am Outdoor Fellowship Gathering
- July 1st, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- July 4th, 9am In-Person Sunday Church Service
- July 8th, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- July 15th, 7pm All-Church Life Group
- July 18th, 9am In-Person Prayer Meeting
Good to Know
Short Term Mission Trips Available Through Mannahouse
Our home church, Mannahouse, is making short-term mission trips available to people in our church. If you would like to learn more information about these mission trips, please visit their site here.
Sunday Message Videos
CHC Summer Schedule
- Sunday Morning In-Person Church Services: July 4th, August 1st, September 5th, October 3rd
- In-Person Prayer Meetings: June 20th, July 18th, August 15th, September 19th
- Outdoor Fellowship Gatherings: June 27th, July 25th, August 22nd, September 26th
- Life Group (on Zoom): You can continue to join us on Zoom every Thursday night at 7pm for prayer, fellowship, and discussion of the daily Bible readings.
In Acts chapter 8, Phillip preached the Good News of Jesus, seeing many people respond in faith and many receive miracles. Freedom and healing are found in this salvation by faith in Jesus. Phillip’s understanding of Scripture, personal relationship with Jesus, and obedience to God’s daily direction saw amazing results. Each of us should also grow in a deep understanding of Scripture, personal relationship with Jesus, and obedience to God’s daily direction. Is it possible that we would see miracles as a result? Is it possible that we may then speak life and plant spiritual seeds in the lives of others? Is it possible that we would then find clarity in our identity and the resulting peace from fulfillment?
City Harbor Church is a safe place to find and follow Jesus. Click here for more information about us and what we believe.