How can a home bring peace to a neighborhood? Praying for others.
What do you see every week that will last forever? People. God loves us. God wants to hear from us. God gives us purpose. We are called to pray for others. Let us join with Jesus in praying for others, according to God’s will and desire, that none should perish. Let us pray for people who do not yet know Jesus as Savior. Let us pray for the peace of our neighbors and our neighborhood. Let us pray for their wellbeing and how we may be involved in bringing peace.
“I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.” 1 Timothy 2:1
“But as Jesus came closer to Jerusalem and saw the city ahead, He began to weep. ‘How I wish today that you of all people would understand the way to peace…you did not accept your opportunity for salvation.’” Luke 19:41-44
“This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.” 2 Timothy 2:3-4
“Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.” Colossians 4:2
“Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.” Ephesians 6:18
“Don’t worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He’s done.” Philippians 4:6
“Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Prayer for those who do not yet know Jesus:
- God help you be aware of His heart toward them. That they may see & hear spiritual truth.
- May God draw them by His kindness into repentance & faith. What would God have you do?
Prayer for your neighbors:
- Write out the names of people in your neighborhood and what you are thankful for about each of them.
- Thank God for placing them in your life.
- List what prayer topics ___ for each person. Bring that list to God and ask God for change.
- Ask God to bring each neighbor into His peace. Ask God to bring full health in their spirits, marriages, families, finances.
Prayer for your neighborhood:
- May God help you bring peace into your neighborhood from your homes.
- May God fill each home with someone receptive to peace.
- May God lead the decision makers to improve all aspects of the schools.
- May God help us restore broken relationships between neighbors and organizations.
5. May God continue His redemptive work for every person who is lonely, hurt, and in need.