How is it possible? People transformed by salvation. They were changed by Jesus. This is how they responded. People saved by grace through faith in Jesus form a community, following Jesus’ instruction. They were devoted to sharing this spiritual journey.
“He handed the innkeeper two silver coins, telling him, ‘Take care of this man. If his bill runs higher than this, I’ll pay you the next time I’m here.’” – Luke 10:35
- Courageous generosity was part of their identity, values, purpose, plans, and action.
- Equity was part of their culture and values.
- People with money, didn’t look at people with less as an enemy or less than. And vice versus.
- Often, they made donations that were to be stewarded by the elders and the teams given this responsibility.
1. Consider what these truths mean to us personally and as a church family.
2. Pray, asking God what He would have you do.
3. Talk with other believers about it.
4. Plan for how you are going to prepare to take action.