4 Truths David learned about Worship Music
1. He learned that his heart connected to the Lord when he sang. Psalms 4, 13, 61, 86,
2. He learned that he could process pain and loss and his heart lifted as he played and sang. Psalms 6, 25, 43, 69
3. He learned that evil spirits departed when he played. 1 Samuel 16:14-23
4. He learned that when he played in celebration, it released a new level of joy and rejoicing. Psalms 27:6, 33:1-3, 89:15, 2 Samuel 6:12-15
We are not saying:
· Happy is the only way to worship.
· Loud is more spiritual.
· Expressive worship earns favor with God.
We are saying:
It is our heartfelt choice to thank and praise God through voices and raised hands.
Worried about hypocrisy? Pray in service, interact with God honestly, repent and receive forgiveness from anything that’s in the way, love God with all your heart.
(October 11th Life Group focus Psalms 43)
Today’s notes primarily from the Mannahouse message series: People of Presence