Outreach Acts 4:29-35; 11:19-30; 2 Corinthians 8-9
Mark 12:41-44 – Jesus’ comments regarding the courageous generosity of the widow: In the Kingdom of God, the priority is not on the total dollar amount of your donation. The priority is on your heart motive, your faith, and your courageous generosity.
Courageous Generosity – giving at a level where you are aware of the sacrifice.
Essential Ingredients: (includes) Outreach through Courageous Generosity Acts 4:29-35; 11:19-30; 2 Corinthians 8-9
Acts 4:29-35 – eternal perspective regarding personal possessions, sharing, local church administrated fund for those in need
Acts 11:19-30 – prophetic warning of famine, courageous generosity in donation toward Jewish believers who would be in need (from Gentile believers now called Christians) “giving as much as they could”
2 Corinthians 8-9 – courageous generosity despite challenges, free will offerings beyond normal capacity, whole-hearted devotion/personal dedication
What do we learn?
God our Creator has been generous with us.
With gratitude we should choose to live on less of our own time, energy, and money so that we can give generously.
This will be love seen in action, bringing supernatural results.
Courageous Generosity will help meet needs big and small with consistency (and in specific situations).
We choose to give our resources with courageous generosity for the purpose of God through our local church. 2 Corinthians 8-9
If we see God answer these prayer requests then the church will look victorious (like Matthew 16:18) fully devoted & overflowing with love (like Acts 2:42-47) and unified so that people will know Jesus as the Messiah (as in Ephesians 4:4-6, John 17:20-23, John 13:34-35).
Further notes from the series so far:
1. Jesus is building, Jesus is our foundation, and relationship with Him is our purpose. Matthew 16:18
2. We are the family of God and the body of Jesus, brought together for intentional relationships. John 17:20-23
3. We must pray for each other to grow in understanding the love of Jesus, and that the Good News be shared. Philippians 1:9-11
4. We must share God’s selfless love with each other. John 13:34-35
5. We are called to become devoted followers of Jesus. Acts 2:38-47
6. We choose to give our resources with courageous generosity for the purpose of God through our local church. 2 Corinthians 8-9
What do we learn? (including the previous 5 weeks)
· God is intentional about relationship with us.
· Jesus Christ our Savior is who we follow and base our lives on.
· Jesus is building His church with people who find & follow Him.
· The church has identity, value, and purpose.
· Jesus followers are a spiritual family, equal and unique.
· Jesus calls his followers to love and respect each other.
· God adds people to the church with purpose.
· God places us in the church for intentional relationships of mutual benefit.
· God has a plan and a purpose for our individual lives and his church.
· We must pray for each other to grow in understanding the love of Jesus, and that the Good News be shared.
· We must share God’s selfless love with each other.
· We are called to become devoted followers of Jesus.