Faithful – true to one’s word or promises, steady in allegiance or affection, reliable, trusted, believed. Qualities of stability, dependability, and devotion.
“If you knew the generosity of God and who I am, you would be asking me for a drink, and I would give you fresh, living water.” – John 4:10 The Message
Who is God?
- Creator Provider Protector Redeemer
- God is alive, aware, able, and active.
- God is trustworthy (Psalm 33:4, 21) and faithful in love (Psalm 33:5, 22).
God may have a variety of reasons for allowing challenges, in our lives. It is always an opportunity for us to look up, to God. With prayerful consideration, we should respond by following God closely.
“The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.” Psalm 23:1-3
What do we learn?
Our God is trustworthy and faithful in love.
What should we do?
- Think, answer, In what ways has God proven to be faithful?
- Have a thankful conversation with God about the present, based on His past.