“For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified.” – 1 Corinthians 2:2
What does the sacrificial death of Jesus do for us?
1. “Since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation.” – Romans 5:9 Justifies us, saving us from certain punishment.
2. “He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.” – Ephesians 1:7 Redeems us, bringing forgiveness.
3. “Now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:13 We are brought close to God.
4. “If we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.” – 1 John 1:7 Cleanses us from sin.
5. “All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.” – Revelation 1:5 Frees us from sin.
“He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can
be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are
healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24 Jesus took on our sin, so that we could be free
from it and free to live healed.
death and resurrection of Jesus were necessary to free us from our sin,
certain punishment, and separation from God. Through it we are clean,
free, and able to enjoy God in our life here and in an eternal Heaven.
1. Read these verses and consider what they mean to you personally.
2. Ask God to help you understand what you’re reading.
3. Write out a few simple truths seen in the verses.
4. Thank Jesus for what has been done for you. 5. Tell someone about what this means to you.