What is your purpose?
Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
We think of ourselves as a simple painting when in reality we are a masterpiece like the Mona Lisa!
God put though, time, love into creating you! God created YOU with personality, talents and traits for a purpose. To make you interesting, to make you different and he created you with a purpose. He put thought into you. He knew what you would need to fulfill his ultimate purpose for YOU here on earth.
If God created you for a purpose, then you can’t fulfill that purpose without God.
· Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, strength (everyone)
· The purpose he has planned for YOU (only you can fulfill)
I Corinthians 12:12-27
Each of you have a part to play. In my life. In our church.
I can’t do what God called you to do.
I can only do what God called me to do.
I can pray for you.
I can encourage you.
I can be what God called me to be so you can be who are supposed to be.
The body of Christ is made of many parts… When all are working together, doing what each of us was created to do, amazing stuff happens.
• You are God’s Masterpiece!
• You are created for a specific purpose
• You will only fulfill your purpose when you have an ongoing, growing, personal relationship with God.
• Who you are is vitally important to church/lives around you
What steps can I take to fulfill the purpose God has created me for?
• Love God with all your heart. Love your neighbor as yourself
• Pursue your healing
• Don’t compare (you are the eyeball, not the foot)
• Be patient with God’s timing
• Pray for other Jesus followers (little c, big C)
God won’t let you down. If you pursue him, you will find your purpose.