Build your life on the teaching of Jesus.
You will have the strength to withstand life’s challenges when you follow the teaching of Jesus with action.
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock.” – Matthew 7:24-25
“come to me, listen to my teaching, follow it,” Luke 6:46-49
Examples of what Jesus taught that we’ve looked at:
“Repent of your sins and turn to God,” Matthew 4:17
“love God with all you’ve got, your neighbor as yourself,” Matthew 22:34-40
“pray with persistence,” Luke 11:1-13
“be a servant,” Luke 22:20-27
“follow me,” Matthew 9:9-13 John 10:1-18
We are sent to all different kinds of people, with a message, in the power of the Holy Spirit…with a new perspective, on the mission of reconciliation, representing Jesus and His kingdom, because of the cross.
– John 20:21 Matthew 28:18-20 Luke 24:44-49 Acts 1:8 2 Corinthians 5:14-21
“go privately, forgive seventy times seven,” Matthew 18:15-35
“give to the poor,” Luke 18:18-30
“go in peace,” Luke 7:36-50
“faith like this,” Luke 7:1-10
“I have given you authority,” Luke 10:19
“love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.” Luke 6:27-28
What do we learn?
1. God has shown us love through Jesus.
2. Receiving this love includes response, following Jesus.
3. Following Jesus includes active learning and obedience.
4. Taking action on Jesus’ teaching will bring me strength.
How should we respond?
1. Spend time with Jesus.
2. Search out the teaching of Jesus.
3. Follow the guidance of Jesus.
4. Share the journey with others.